Saturday, July 21, 2012

Encore Day 001 Leipzig - Süßer See

Hu!? Another blog entry?! Marek is cycling again? What is going on here?

It is a bit more than one month since I returned to Leipzig. A busy month. I managed to move into my dream flat, found my dream job and gloriously failed in getting my dream girl.
My new job is starting in September. Everything else is more or less settled in Leipzig, thus the only way to prevent acute boredom in the next month is to do a little encore to my cycling trip. First I will go westwards for a week to join my favourite singing devices housewarming party. Then I will take the train back to Leipzig and go north-east towards Helsinki to say hello to baby Luna. :o)
The first day of cycling again was wonderful. I started pretty late, made a stop to deliver a small gift to an important person, made another stop to do some technical work for another important person and finally left Leipzig around half past one. The last days of my return to Leipzig we had been cycling down river Elster right from its source, so to make things complete I followed Elster again to the point where it flows into river Saale in Halle. From there I took some small roads which led me to Seeburg on Süßer See (sweet lake - named so because there is also a salty one nearby) where I found a small camp ground. It is a very nice area here - small hills, the lake, a castle on the shore. It felt great to be on the bike again and it is great to go to sleep in my tent again.







No comments:

Post a Comment