Saturday, September 1, 2012

Encore Day 040 Helsinki - somewhere on the Baltic Sea

Oh nooo, it's time to day goodbye again. That is goodbye to my dear dear
friends and goodbye to travelling. From now on I only go home. I spent the
morning talking with Yesmith. Once I had checked the location of the ferry
terminal I was shocked: it wasn't one of the terminals near to old town,
but it was way out of town. But there was still enough time to organize
everything and to call Alex back early from her trip to the center. Once we
had to say goodbye, Yesmith, Thomas and Luna promised me to visit Leipzig
next year - so this time it won't be 5 years until we meet again :o) We had
shared an important time in our lives, probably one of the times which
shaped us the most. It is great that even after nearly a decade, meeting up
with them feels as if these times were just yesterday.
The ride to the ferry was long: train to the main station, metro all the
way to the end station and another 3km of walking. But everything no
problem, we made it on time. I hadn't booked a cabin, just reclining seats,
but there is enough space for our camping mattresses in the reclining seats
area. I had however booked full meals, which was definitely a good idea:
very tasty, all-you-can-eat and even for vegetarians many options. Whatever
weight we might have lost on the cycling trip, we will definitely gain
again during the next 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment