Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 349 Nebesa - Jocketa

I am back in Germany!
In the morning we (that's a group of 4 now!) paid a visit to the Elsterquelle (the source of the biggest river that runs through my hometown Leipzig). From there we cycled the last kilometers on Czech territory and finally entered Germany around 11 AM.
Not much of a culture shock as I had been in Europe for some days already and my friends had already brought a part of Germany to me.
The weather was surprisingly good and even the, ähem, less-trained members of our group survived the day - though we theoretically only have to cycle down river Elster there were quite a lot steep hills today. Just before arriving we had a 22% descent and a very similar ascend on the other side of the river. But we made it and we celebrated our success with food and quite some beers.
Now I have only 2 days left to cycle until I arrive in Leipzig and more and more people will be joining on the way, slowly I start to get excited.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your arrival in Leipzig! Should be a geat moment!!! By the way, I just want to say you it was great to meet you! Yannik

    ReplyDelete