Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 087 Mahmutlu - Bademli

Record day! I climbed as high as never before on this trip (at least on the bike): > 1400m. And despite starting at about 600 some ups and downs made me gather more than 1500m of ascend, puh!
It was easier than expected: I had still some extrapower from the holidays in Antalya left and the wonderful landscape along with the cool mountain air kept me going. I reached an area which has snow in winter as can be seen by the long safety sticks lining the roads. Wherever I stopped I met only extremely nice people. In the evening I tried to find a place to sleep in Bademli, but the only Otel was full with road construction workers - no problem in extremely hospitable Turkey: a guy who spoke a bit of German guided me with his car (even stopping to guard me from the herding dogs)  to a nearby place where I could put up my tent and spend the evening drinking beer and dining with the old men from the mountains.















No comments:

Post a Comment