Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 180 Persepolis - Shiraz

I woke up completely relaxed after sleeping like a shah. Perfect condition for visiting great great Persepolis. One of the most important sights of antiquity. Build to impress. Still works. Even though most of it was ruined by Alexanders troops. Dont wanna described everything, go there and see yourself!
Back at the hotel I got really afraid of that Behrooz-guy - he seems to have his spies everywhere! Without warning the girl at the reception gave me her cellphone with him on the line - I was very surprised how he could find me this way. It turned out that his fiance is good friends with the reception girl and that she recognised the hotel at my blog (must have been due to the pelicans).
Around noon I said goodbye to the pelicans and started cycling. Easy ride. Shortly before sunset I rolled into Shiraz, the city of poetry and wine - though the latter not anymore. I found a very nice hotel, very similar to the one in Yazd. I just relaxed, read a bit and finally had dinner under the jealous eyes of a very very dangerous beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment