Friday, August 10, 2012

Encore Day 019 Olsztyn - Kosewo

Olsztyn is the place where the magic happens. When travelling for a long time you sometimes get kind of melancholic and contemplative. And then you suddenly come to a place that shows you that there can always be something really beautiful waiting for you just around the next corner. Olsztyn was this kind of place for me - it made me immediately fall in love with the town and its people.
This morning (or rather lunchtime) I was half sad for having to leave and half very happy for having had the chance to meet such nice people. I cycled into Masuria, which is said to be one of the nicest areas in Poland - and it really is. Beautiful forests, beautiful hills, beautiful lakes. I got pretty wet as the weather still was kind of moody. I ended up at wonderful lakeside camp ground where I could pitch my tent right on the beach and have a swim before falling asleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment