Monday, August 13, 2012

Encore Day 023 Gražiškiai - Jurbarkas

F##k!!! I knew that one day this would happen. Today it did. I forgot my credit card at the ATM. I really hope that the machine kept the card - because the other scenario is that some guy had a very good time with my money today :-/ I only noticed it in the evening and then.they kept me in the we-will-be-there-every-moment-jazz-music-loop for half an.hour before I could speak to a person who could block it. Anyway, now it is done, I still have enough cash for the rest of the trip and I will be checking my online banking very nervously for the next days.
Despite this it was a not very exciting day. I mostly cycled under a sea of clouds, against headwind, Russia to my left. The most exciting thing were some larger-than-life statues of horses, deer and men that looked strangely misplaced beside a village house near the Russian border. When I was already pretty tired a seriously drunk guy cheered me up - he just sat with his drinking mate under an oak tree and started speaking to me in his half-correct-drunk-German as I cycled by.
In the evening I crossed Nemunas (Memel) and found a place to put my tent in the garden of a bed& breakfast in Jurbarkas.








1 comment:

  1. now you only have to lose (or donate?) the remaining money... :D

    ReplyDelete