Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Encore Day 025 Tytuvenai - Siauliai

Still some headwind today. But a bit less than yesterday. Just after getting started I made a stop at the church/former monastery complex of Tytuvenai. In the church a worship was going on. And the church was full. It was wonderful. In such moments I wished I was more religious - but of course you cannot choose what you believe and what not - and I am pretty strictly agnostic. Still, I see something utterly beautiful in the dedication to the divine, be it by attending church service or by the fact that the church is the most beautiful building in town. It somehow is a very nice approach to keep each individuals house humble and put a lot effort into a place where everybody comes together to worship something higher.
After such divine experience the fight against the headwind was much easier. Anyway, I didn't have to go so far today and in Siauliai I found a ridiculously cheap youth hostel, which I have all for myself.
Please keep your fingers crossed tomorrow morning: only if our possible cycling companion passes her exam, she will be able to join us on the way to Helsinki :o)





No comments:

Post a Comment