Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 124 Aragatsavan - Yerevan

Me are inklisch teetscha! Yep, I joined Sam for his morning english classes and talked (very basically) about my trip, answered (very basic) questions, wrote autographs and posed for pictures. This was a really great experience ! Still I know I would never become a teacher. The english level of most students was very low - most probably because the english level of the most english teachers was very low. Once again: respect to Sam for what he is doing! When I set off for the ride to Yerevan I could not spot Ararat though I knew it must have been there. Most important rule for spotting Ararat: if you don't see it, look higher! Aaaah, there it was, its snowtopped peak stickig out of the clouds. It is really an incredible beautiful and incredible high looking mountain. Looking at it the biblical story of Noahs Arc landing on Ararat seems completely reasonable.
The ride was easy, only later in the day when approaching Yerevan the road got a bit crowded - still far better than the ride in and out of Izmir! I made a short stop at tve Holy See of Echmiadzin - the Vatican City of the Armenian church. The only difference I noticed from 2 years ago was a tower at the entrance which was still under construction back then and was nearly finished now. In Yerevan I found a very pleasant hostel: Envoy Hostel. Perfect place for relaxing, planning and meeting other travellers.





1 comment:

  1. It was fun times hosting you and the kids got a kick out of meeting you at school. Good luck on your trip! I'll be following the blog.

    ReplyDelete