Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 135 Kapan - Kajaran

Taking the big pass, part 1: When we woke up, a quick look out of the window showed that there was no excuse for not cycling today. So I said goodbye to Simon, had breakfast, packed my stuff and went on the road. I had bright sunshine all day, but there was still snow all around. Fortunately the road was mostly free - and in the few narrow parts of the valley where the sun could not melt all the snow it was still somehow cyclable (<= does this word exist ?).
Riding through the snowy valley in the sunshine was really really utterly beautiful. As I went up about exactly 999m I also did not have any chance to feel the cold. I arrived in Kajaran around 2pm. I guess with a bit of luck I could even have made remaining 888m or so up to the pass - however I did not really feel like relying on luck at that. I stopped in Kajaran which offered a very splendid location and somehow nothing but very very nice people. Tomorrow morning I will try to get over the pass. There might be a little snow tonight but in the morning it should be clear weather again. Furthermore the sight of several snowploughs today gives me high hopes that I somehow can make it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment