Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 128 Yerevan - Ararat

I finally managed to release myself from the cosyness of Envoy Hostel. Most of my motivation might have been fear: I checked the weather report for eastern Armenia and it will get colder day by day. So, I better go now - there are some 2500m passes waiting for me on my way to Iran!
Today was still easy - doing a short photostop on Yerevans Republic square, cycling to the ancient fortress of Erebuni in the outskirts of Yerevan, getting into a car race while trying to leave town (and immediately becoming the center of attention there after trying to tell my story to two guys in Russian - the guys invited me to Pepsi though). When I had finally made it out of town not much happened - just cycling along the highway through the Arax plain. I knew that the Ararat was to my left but it would hide behind the clouds until sunset. Shortly before stopping I tried to buy some vegetables - but did not succeed. I got the vegetables, but the guy would not let me pay for it.
I found a camping spot in the fields outside of the city of Ararat facing Mt. Ararat. This might be my last night in the tent for a long time - tomorrow I will start my way over the high mountains towards Iran and it will get much too cold for camping up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment