Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 146 Aydamir - Zanjan

Weather not good => Marek not happy. But: nice people => Marek very happy.
I spent the first half of the day cycling uphill against a nasty cold headwind - at that time I was not very prone to overenthusiastic raptures.
But everything got well when I arrived in Zanjan. My first iranian couchsurfing experience was waiting for me there: Mahdi, his wife Elahe, their son Arya and their friend Shiva gave me a wonderful warm welcome at their home. It was a great introduction to Iranian hospitality: they are very good, very bright, very open people - in the evening I was warm, stuffed and knew a lot more about the iranian way of life. Even Trabant found a very nice new friend who really does not want to let go of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment