Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 255 - 256 Auroville

Uuuh, I like this place. It feels like I am here on a will-work-for-culture
agreement. I will stay for about 2 weeks doing some programming for
Auroville Radio. After so many body challenges it is good to finally have
some brain challenges again. And in the evenings: culture. At first this
town seems to be crazy but maybe they really focus on the important things:
on one hand side there are nearly no paved streets, only sand/dirt tracks
through the jungle, after sunset everybody is carrying a torch because
there are no streetlights,... but on the other side there is a abundance of
very nice, modern, clean performance spaces - every evening something is
going on. The last 2 evenings I have been to cuban theatre (en español,
only understood un pocitititito), norwegian theatre in English (a woman
playing mens roles and that in a very convincing way), a french female a
capella trio (singing old georgian songs - interesting but not as great as
I had expected) and a tabla & sitar rendition in a huge auditorium (a tabla
player who was taught by the one and only Ustad Zakir Hussain!!!) which I
found by accident on the way to dinner because so many motorcycles were
parking at the entrance. Of course there are also many offers for those
searching spiritual enlightenment, but I have been too busy practising the
yoga of work and enjoying music to go on this quest. Everyone is really
relaxed here - and this statement is in no way to be understood in the
typical
western-tourist-in-India-is-totally-relaxed-because-he-smokes-weed-all-day
- way!
On my first day I had some problems finding accommodation and had to stay
in a nearby village (which was nice though). But now I am settled and can
enjoy all the facilities of Auroville. This lunch I was so enthusiastic
about the organic food being prepared with solar power only that I ate way
too much, my stomach still feels stuffed.
Oh, and there is nearly no mobile connection in Auroville. Don't expect too
many blog entries in the next 2 weeks - I will be too busy for writing
anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment