Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 337 Vienna - Krems

Again: everything is so easy here. I can ride on wonderfully paved bike lanes, there are signs everywhere, every few kilometers a snack bar caters specifically to cyclists. Even the weather got better during the day - light rain in the beginning, bright sunshine in the end. I still have to make up my mind if I all this is very relaxing or rather boring?
Anyway, we people from central Europe should definitely consider ourself blessed for many things like space (Austria has about half the inhabitants of Mumbai!), water (there are  some apocalyptic prophecies about many wars being fought about water in the future - this certainly will happen [and is happening already], but it won't happen here), the level of hygiene, our immense wealth,... Living here and not travelling somewhere else can easily make us forget that we have the possibility to live better lives than at least 90% of all people!
Pondering about all this and about the notion of god I cycled along Danube and ended up in Krems (might this be the place where the Kremser comes from?). Here my tent answered its call of duty - the first time since I had packed it under some palm trees in Oman!

No comments:

Post a Comment