Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 339 Zwettl - Budweis

Freemasonry and Rain!
That is all the day was about. I cycled through the rain to the Freemason Museum of Schloss Rosenau. But even after the museum I don't understand what all that freemason stuff is about. In fact I don't understand the urge to become part of any association with very abstract goals whatsoever - be it freemasons, biker gang or new age sect. I prefer to make up my own mind about what is good and worthwhile. Thus, not very enlightened I cycled through the rain towards the Czech border and celebrated my arrival with Smaženy Syr and Kofola at the first Pub right at the border post. From there on everything went easier: less mountains and less rain. Here in Europe the sunset is very late (as compared to India), which makes cycling very relaxed. I arrived in Budweis after eight and tasted the dark Budvar pivo which I found to be the perfect sports drink after a long cycling day.

No comments:

Post a Comment