Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 183 Shiraz - Khafr

New years eve under palm trees! I left Shiraz for the last ride of the year. From here on it is about 600km to the Persian Gulf in the south - most of it downhill. This means: the farer I come, the warmer it will get. Aaaah, finally I can just go and camp everywhere without worrying about being frozen the next morning. There are basically no sights on the route but it still was a nice ride. Soon I saw clear signs of warmer climate: date palms everywhere. Big plantings of date palms. That was when I decided that I wanted to spend new years eve under a palm tree. But that wasn't very easy: most of the palm groves were hidden behind high walls. I had to go more than 111km to find 'my' palm. Perfect location. I had only one worry: all those irrigation tubes around. Hopefully they would not magically start pouring out water during the night. While preparing a decent last-meal-of-the-year I watched sideways Orion and the moon rise. Soon after the meal I retreated to my tent and slept peacefully into the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment