Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 188 Tang Dalan - Laft

I arrived at the Persian Gulf! It was not as easy as I had thought. Of course it went down, but I once again realized that the wind is usually blowing from the sea. In this case the wind also brought a lot of sand from the deserts of Arabia. This made things very hazy.
After my two flat tires yesterday I had another one today - less than 2 km before the gulf! I decided that this time I would not only change the tube, but also the tire - so now I am still running on my first front tire but my third back tire already, after 10000km. Yep, I also completed my 10000st km, let's celebrate !
With my new back tire I entered the ferry to Qeshm island which was packed. Really packed - I could barely move! Nevertheless I made some fun with 2 little boys in a nearby car. Once I arrived on the island I just had time enough to organize some supplies (non-alcoholic pineapple flavoured malt beer for the 10000-celebrations!) and find a place for my tent. Places on the beach were not very suitable as they looked too much as if the tide would come in and take me and my tent to a journey into the wide wide ocean during the night. After crossing the very atmospheric fishing town of Laft I found a nice hidden place a bit inland and prepared for a cozy night - it was warm and I camped on sand, perfect. In this climatic conditions even the Iranian 'beer' makes a lot of sense, especially when cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment