Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 211 Dubai - Ras al Khaimah

Autschn autschn autschn! The day after Marathon is never easy. Walking hurts and looks very funny. Mr. Yannik has left for Muscat early in the morning - from now on I will be travelling alone again. I slept long and only got out of the hotel after noon - heading straight to a hypermarket to feed on many rainbowcoloured donuts. Reasonably filled I took the metro to the Bus station and did not have to wait long for the next bus to Ras Al Khaimah, the northernmost emirate. After a short taxi ride from the bus station in RAK I arrived at Kasia & Dareks place. I was greeted by Kasia, Sanaa and Dibba (the latter two being their cats). They live in a wonderful place: huge flat in the 14th floor, balcony with seaview,... After Darek came from work we went to an Arab restaurant - I think the first one since I've been on the peninsula ! Most of the places are run by Indians, which is very convenient for a vegetarian. But with Kasia also being vegetarian she knew exactly what to order in the Arab place. And it was delicious.
Kasia and Darek also gave me a parcel they had accepted for me. It contained bike parts, new underwear and some surprises: letters, christmas cookies and a true cyclists shirt. :o).

No comments:

Post a Comment