Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 184 Khafr - Jahrom

Seeing the sun rise over palm trees - not the worst first view of the year. My wake-up time might well be my earliest for a new years day ever - shortly after 7 (that's 4:30 in Germany!) I was out of my tent. The night was already reasonably warm: never below 4°C in the tent. It is a much more relaxing sleep if you know that you won't freeze immediately when quickly opening the tent.
I enjoyed the sunrise during breakfast and soon got on the road for the easy ride to the oasis town of Jahrom.
Today is not only new years day but it is also the final day of my sixth month on the road. Though I don't have any real deadline I had planned the whole trip for one year. Right now I have a strong feeling that I will return to Germany after another six month. I have a great time cycling around the world. In fact it feels like I am much longer on the road: there is just so much happening all the time. I currently truely lead a wonderful life. Nevertheless there are some things which I can do much better at home: things like meeting family and close friends, making music, falling in love and even go back to work. There are some people at home which I really miss. And I already have quite many ideas for music projects in my head, in my notebook and on my mobile. That doesn't mean that I won't enjoy the rest of my journey - I very much look forward to Oman, Sri Lanka and India. And somehow I am also looking forward to finally being in a more free country than Iran - though I am sure that I will miss the openness and incredible hospitality of the persian people.

No comments:

Post a Comment