Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 032 Vukovar - Novi Sad

I had an early start as my host Ivica had to go to work. I notice that my cardio is getting better and better - even if my host treats me to white wine, cycling close to 100km the next day is no problem anymore. After leaving Vukovar the landscape seemed to be flat at first but soon every village was in a deep valley. So before entering a village a steep downhill, yaaaayyy! And after leaving the village a steep uphill, pooooooooh! In the last croatian town, Ilok I had a break at the castle complex, before crossing Danube into Serbia. After leaving the first serbian town Backa Palanka I had the first really really annoying road on this trip - narrow lanes, bad surface especially on the shoulders, a lot of traffic including many trucks and buses. I guess I should slowly get used to this. Fortunately after 10km I could turn into a small road along the embankment. There I soon got into landscape admiration mood again and marvelled at the mountains on the other bank of the Danube - an exciting sight after cycling on a huge plain for about a week. After arriving in Novi Sad I had time to make a joint sightseeing-and-mobilecardseeking-tour before I drove to my host Jelena where after serbian-english-german chat and chinese food the day ended for me with fighting a tiger!








1 comment:

  1. Lieber Marek, ich bin sehr beeindruckt von deiner Tour bis jetzt! Ich lass mir zwar deine Texte im Google übersetzen, verstehe so aber trotzdem mehr als wenn ich es englisch lese, hätt nicht gedacht das meine Kenntnisse soooo schlecht sind :( Wünsch dir jede Menge Sonne aber wenig Hitze und weiterhin gute, pannenfreie Fahrt! Pass auf Dich auf! Liebe Grüße von der Katrin!

    ReplyDelete