Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 039 Malo Golubinje - Drobeta Turnu Severin

Good things can become even better: yesterdays landscape was already magnificent, sublime, really really stunning. But todays was even more so! Yesterday after cycling with Oliver and Christian I had to decide at 5pm if I stop for the day or keep on cycling with them through the rest of the Iron Gate the same day. Though they were great guys and it was big fun to cycle with them it was a good decision to stop: because my hosts in Malo Golubinje were very very welcoming and the price-vs.-great-view-from-the-terrace-ratio was simply unbeatable and because for the first half of today I spent much more time on photo stops and simply starring at the landscape than on cycling. It would have been a shame to hurry along this way because the sun was about to set soon and the next accomodation was still pretty far. I do not know how to describe this wonderful landscape properly - if you have the chance, come and experience it yourself - preferably by cycling or paddling! After I had passed the most dramatic parts of the Iron Gate I just had to roll down to the first of the two huge Iron Gate Dams retaining the Danube for more than 100km - and crossing it I entered: 1. a new timezone, 2. the EU again 3. Romania!
























No comments:

Post a Comment