Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 040 Drobeta Turnu Severin - Calafat

The wind was my friend today - he blew me as far as whopping 133km! I had planned to cover this distance in 2 days. I am still a bit impressed how good cycling went today - given that I only started around noon and that during the first third the Danube zig-zagged a bit and therefore I had some strong headwind sections in the beginning. That was when I realized why cycling was so easy during the last two days - I had a lot of tailwind then and did not even think about it. Somehow it is like that with all good things in life: if something good is happening to us we are so busy being happy that we don't give a thought on the cause of our bliss. Only if the good thing is gone we realize what made us so happy. If then the good thing should come back we enjoy it very consciously - for a very short time - until we forget about it again. So after the zig zag section I really really enjoyed the tailwind for the rest of the day. I however do not give any guarantee that I will think about it the next time.
During the long ride I had a lot of time to think of the really important problems of todays world - like why this blogger application on my mobile always scrambles up the order of the pictures. I think I have found a solution so I hope that from now on the pictures will be shown in the correct order.
In the evening I felt reasonably tired but not completely destroyed. Nevertheless I had to give me a treat and invested in a massage. A good one. An extremely brutal one. By a completely unsuspicious looking romanian lady who giggled strangely whenever she hit a spot where it really hurt. I am still not sure if she really wanted to help me or just enjoyed making me suffer.







No comments:

Post a Comment