Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 035 Beograd

This was more of a work day than a rest day. I spent most of the morning and afternoon on the computer planning my route until and through Bulgaria, backing up pictures, searching for couchsurfing hosts,... At around 5pm I finally saw some sunlight, had another stroll through the city and fortress and successfully hunted down some Tamburica players - I have heard the sound of the guitar/mandolin-like instrument in Hungary, Croatia and Serbia but this was the first time I saw someone playing it.
Later back in the Hostel I got some inspiration for the case that I should get tired of cycling some day - a swiss guy just arrived here from Germany paddling Danube in his foldable kayak - also a great way to travel !
Tomorrow morning I will get back on the bike. Good night !








No comments:

Post a Comment