Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 046 somewhere near язовир „Искър“ - Боровец

I woke up when a family arrived for fishing. After breaking down my tent I started for todays short ride - short but exhausting because I went up to Borovets, Bulgarias biggest ski resort at an altitude of 1350 m. It is not really skiing season right now. Many hotels are either closed or near-empty so after checking the rates I skipped my camping plans and checked in at a place offering breakfast, pool, jacuzzi, great views and a safe place for my bike Arthur. Tomorrow I will need the breakfast: even though Arthur will rest I have big plans. I will walk up Musala, the highest peak around. That's a big 'around'. There is nothing higher between the Alps and the Caucasus. After transforming my biking shoes into hiking shoes I am all set. Keep your fingers crossed for clear views!






No comments:

Post a Comment