Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 055 Uzunköprü - Koruköy

Finally, after 55 days of riding all through Europe I reached the sea!  But before that: work. I somehow managed to start relatively early, so I could use the comparably cool morning hours. This was a good idea - even though this part of Thrakia is pretty low the road went up&down&up&down... - at the end of the day I had accumulated nearly 1000m of ascent. The highest hill was the last one - so I was pretty exhausted when from about 350m I saw the beautiful beautiful sea. The rest of the way I had imagined as very easy, but soon I realized that sea means wind and in my case headwind, very strong one! But with all the cheering on the way I also managed that part - many Turkish people shout 'Hello' or 'Welcome' or honk when I drive by, yeah :)
I ended up in an seaside village at a deserted motel - the locals assured me that the owner would be coming soon so I spent some time playing guitar, making new friends, watching the sunset, preparing food and reading. Wonderful place here. Until now the owner did not appear. If he should not come: no problem, I already laid an eye on one of those comfortable deck chairs.













No comments:

Post a Comment