Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 065 Bandirma - Balikesir

Finally I am on the bike again! And I am doing well. I have not been cycling for nearly a week, so I was keen on doing a long ride today - after all it turned out as slightly over 100km. Even though most of the ride was on a very busy highway I enjoyed it. From Bandirma I went along Kus Gölü (Bird Lake) into some green hills and after some up and down I reached the town of Balikesir. As soon as I left the more touristy sea side route people started to get very very interested in me - wherever I stopped people tried to talk to me, I was presented with some grapes at a gas station and would have nearly been forced to an evening-long tea session with a flute (precisely: nay) player. Unfortunately I had to reject this offer as it was already pretty late and I was still far away from any possible sleeping spot. As for sound: in the moment I am writing this the muezzin calls for prayer - in this case in a exceptionally enjoyable way: I can hear a sense of music and even a properly adjusted amplification (= no overdrive, no clipping).




No comments:

Post a Comment