Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 068 Bergama - Yenifoça

Easy ride, back to the sea again and for the first time technical problems with my GPS: A burning pergamon and one day offline was too much excitement for my mobiles GPS module - this morning it refused to show me my location. Not a big problem, I could just keep on riding with my paper map. I only got it fixed about two thirds through the way - erasing and newly downloading the A-GPS data did the trick. So, todays track only shows the last third of the way. It was a rather diversified way: through the river valley along some interestingly shaped hills down to the sea, along the beautiful seaside park area of Aliaga into a huge industrial complex (oil refinery, shipbreaking) including massive truck traffic on very dusty roads and finally on a smaller roads between the mountains and the sea until I ended up in Yenifoça just a view meters away from the seashore. Tomorrow I will cycle to Izmir where I will meet the Harbach brothers on Friday/Saturday so soon we will be a party of three cycling along the Aegean Sea, yeah!











No comments:

Post a Comment