Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 076 Kemer - Kas

We had a surprisingly cool night and started relatively refreshed. At first we cycled along a small quiet road, only disturbed by a convoy of package tourist on a jeep "safari" through wild wild turkish villages, brrrrr. One of them was ignorant enough to shot at Jörg with his multicoloured plastic water pistol - maybe it was good that Jörg just missed catching up with that car, I am not sure if I would want to know what would had happened if he had.
The rest of the morning was high mountains on both sides, a comparably (!) flat road and some head wind - still we were able to cover some distance quite fast, only stopping twice for chocolate, icecream, the last available bottles of Ramadan juice and other doping. The highest hill for today followed. It was not too bad - for the first time since some days cycling uphill was more "ok, I am going slowly, but, ok" than "autschn autschn autschn". Hopefully it will be like this tomorrow - we will be going from sea level to 600 something meters. After the hill the most beautiful cycling of today started - seaside road with views of the clear blue water and some greek islands. We stopped at a small beach and jumped into the wonderfully coloured water. When I was trying to swim from one side of the beach to the other a wild animal drove me out of the water. I did not see anything nor did I feel a touch but the left side of my belly and my left arm started to burn. Obviously some kind of nettling jellyfish. When I got out I could examine a long scar where it hit me and it keeps on burning since then. The rest of the ride was very beautiful, but somehow with a burning belly I was not so much in landscape admiration mood. We stopped at a camp place in Kas just before the big ascend starts - here I had a chance to wash the seasalt off, slowly the burning is getting better, so let's hope for the best.











No comments:

Post a Comment