Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 130 Yeghegnadzor

Not sure if very reasonable or very lazy.
Either way, after checking the weather report I decided that I would stay the -10° snowy day and take the next pass on the -4° clear day instead (both values are lows, so it is actually not soooo very bad). This gave me a day to organize some stuff.
One thing I forgot to write yesterday: on the long descend in the afternoon the road got very shaky - too much for my front carrier - the part going over the front wheel also broke off on the other side. It works without that part, but it means more stress on the screws linking it to the fork. I still have the spare carrier I bought in Budapest, but I am still hesitant to use it. I figure that the half broken Tubus carrier is still better than the spare one. I installed some safety measures that hopefully should hold the carrier up for a few moments in case one of the screws should break. If I make it through Armenia with this I should be fine - the Iranian roads are supposed to be very good. In Dubai I will treat my bicycle to a huge maintenance - e.g. until now the back carrier works perfectly but it is reasonable to replace it, too.
Besides the bike maintenance I spent the day washing, organizing my finances (no international ATMs in Iran, so I have to bring cash) and of course: eating, eating, eating - gotta have strength for the 1200m ascend up to 2300m tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Your your journey gets more amazing still. Good luck in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete