Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 139 Jolfa - Marand

Iran does not want to unveil its beauties so fast. When I started in Jolfa most of the surrounding landscape was covered in fog. I cycled uphill most of the day but it was not too steep, so it was doable. Nevertheless I am planning for some rest days in Tabriz - my legs still feel every meter they have cycled in Armenia and I have to plan my route through Iran anyway. Thanks to Simon I even have a guidebook. Oh, there is so much to see here! It looks like I will spend christmas and new year in Iran and I will take the ferry to the Emirates somewhen in January.
Later today the I had my first real chance to see the Persian sun. Marand was not really overwhelming - I asked a bit around and got directed to a hotel well out of town. This makes tomorrows way to Tabriz a bit shorter and I have even climbed most of tomorrow mornings hill already.

No comments:

Post a Comment