Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 143 Tabriz - Bostanabad

I cannot say that I was highly motivated to get on the bike this morning. But when I looked out of the window the weather did not look too bad (i.e. just a bit of rain) and I knew that the longer I waited the higher the chances for really bad weather - so I better got started. I once again had to go over 2000m, but it was not steep at all and the temperatures were bearable. There was not much to see around: first a lot of industry and later a lot of snow. But it was ok: the road was free and most of the ride there was no more rain or snowfall. Nevertheless the road was pretty muddy - on arrival both Arthur and me looked pretty messy. And just when I arrived I had something completely new on this trip: a hailstorm, yeah! Fortunately I could find a safe place within minutes. At the hotel I was told that a swedish cyclist is just 2 days ahead of me - and he is also going towards Oman! I want to get out of the mountains as fast as possible anyway, so maybe I can catch him if I hurry a bit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment