Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 238 Tirunelveli - Sattur

Pretty unexciting day: just cycling cycling cycling. And some eating
inbetween. The all-you-can-eat meals are perfect for cyclists and they
usually go for less than 1€. It is served on a banana leaf and you are
supposed to eat it with your fingers - really with your fingers, not with
the help of flat bread or something! I am not sure if I will ever get used
to this, until now I could always convince the waiters to provide me with a
spoon.
Initially I had planned to take the small roads, but the highway is
surprisingly good - not much traffic, usually a wide shoulder, perfect for
cycling. Only problems: again a lot of headwind and in the afternoon a lot
of heat. I stopped at whatever provided shadow, usually bus shelters.
Nevertheless I managed to make some distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment