Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 327 Bharuch - Kamrej

Hot hot hot. Cycle cycle cycle. Sweat sweat sweat. Hot hot hot. Cycle cycle cycle. Sweat sweat sweat. Hot hot hot. Cycle cycle cycle. Sweat sweat sweat. Hot hot hot. Cycle cycle puncture!!! This time not a thorn in the tube. Instead the tire had a huge hole. It was a good idea to have my little helpers at home send me spare tires to the Emirates. So, under the curious eyes of some guys I fixed the tube and changed the tire. So far, so good. Only problem: the new tire is much larger than the old one - it did not fit under the mudguard. There was only one way to make me ride on: remove the mudguard. Well, it was broken anyway and in dry India I won't need it anymore. Nevertheless I cursed Generator Radsport/Rotor (my bicycle manufacturer): they build great bicycles, but they are extremely unreliable when it comes to everything else: the wrong size tires were just one of many examples when they send me wrong/too less/not fitting stuff. I won't order anything from them anymore: as they have all the data of my bicycle I would have expected that they know what will fit on my bike and what not. But as I have to double-check everything anyway it is easier and cheaper for me to order my spare parts from internet stores. After the tire was fixed I rested for lunch and then: Hot hot hot. Cycle cycle cycle. Sweat sweat sweat. Hot hot hot. Cycle cycle cycle. Sweat sweat sweat. Hot hot hot. Cycle cycle cycle. Sweat sweat sweat. Hot hot hot. Cycle cycle cycle. Sweat sweat sweat...

1 comment:

  1. Ride the wild wind Marek.
    This years WGT without you on stage but in the mind of a number of people, I'm sure.

    kind regards
    Jean

    ReplyDelete