Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 164 Esfahan - Imam Mosque

This time we got up early and walked unbreakfasted to Imam Square - all to have good light for Imam Mosque on its southern side. Even though we arrived there just when it opened (9 AM), the sun was still behind it. Even though the architects might not have had photographers in mind, it is clearly built to have an effect. This building is huge and nearly completely decorated - unbelievable. Not very surprisingly the 10 plus echoes in its southern dome were very interesting to me - I was stomping my feet under the center of the dome for quite some time. Even though the mosque is really really magnificant I have to say, that I prefer the more modest but simply perfect beauty of the Lotfollah Mosque at the squares eastern side.


No comments:

Post a Comment