Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 176 Urdunuk - Abarquh

Christmas in the desert !
I awoke in my own little mud fort. Even though it got close to 0 in
the night, during breakfast it got so warm that I did not even need my
jacket anymore. As I had mastered the big mountain yesterday I could
start slowly with an extensive breakfast and a lot of time to pack my
tent. Once I got going it went very fast - more or less the whole day
was a long descent. However not much to see on the way. Basically
nothing. But it was easy, sunny and warm. I arrived early in Abarquh
and had time enough to do a cycle tour through the city after
unloading my luggage at the hotel. As if Abarquh had known that I
would come on that day it prepared its sights: the very christmas-tree
shaped huge ice house and a more than 4000 year old cypress. I will
try to find a decent place for a vegetarian christmas dinner now -
uuuh, that is a very difficult task in Iran.
Happy, peaceful, lovely Christmas to you all !

1 comment:

  1. Also a Merry Christmas for you. I'll Keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck and be careful :-)
    Wolle

    ReplyDelete