Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 178 Deh Bid - Pasargad

Yesterday evening I stupidly hurt myself by coming to close to the heater - now I have a branding the size of a 2€ coin on my left shank, autschn!
But I also got a christmas phonecall from my family and I was happy to hear that everyone is doing well and all my christmas gifts have arrived.
I got up late and I could still very much feel yesterdays exhaustion. Fortunately todays cycling was easy, relatively short and except for one small mountain mostly downhill. On the way a car with an iranian family stopped and I explained my whereabouts in my few words of Farsi. I arrived in Pasargad around 2.30, giving me enough time to explore the ancient site. The most impressive building is the tomb of Cyrus, strangely reminding me of pyramids in Palenque and other places in nowadays Mexico. The rest of the huge area contains some ruined palaces - very much ruined, except for 1 column only stubs are left.
I asked at the ticket office and was allowed to pitch my tent at the entrance - a very luxurious camp spot with toilets and 24h security. Moreover when I got out of the trent somewhen in the evening a yellow VW bus with German licence plate parked close by: English Simon, German Anette and their son Siggi initially wanted to go to India but as they expect their second child they will slowly go back home. I am pretty sure that I had seen their bus in Cappadocia.
They invited me into their comfortable vehicle and we spent the evening with good conversation, good food and good music by Bach.

No comments:

Post a Comment