Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 172 Yazd

Day began late and lazy: I started playing guitar on the rooftop in the sun with a view on the desert coloured mud houses and blue domes of Yazd. Soon I was joined by fellow cyclist-with-guitar Erick - he is doing the real thing and carries a full-size guitar on his trailer. The longer we played the more people joined until we eventually had a full-fledged, very international band competing with the muezzins.
In the evening I went with Erick to a bicycle shop Yannik and me had found yesterday. An amazing bicycle shop, including good-quality parts, an english-speaking owner and a very competent mechanic: www.bicyclecity.ir
Arthur was pretty much ok, so I only got some beautiful soft and blue handlebar-fancyfiers. But Ericks bike got some serious repair.
At the bike shop I got convinced to stay some more days in Yazd to watch a bicycle-race on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment