Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 036 Beograd - Kovin

All pictures are green today. Belgrade was founded on the confluence of Sava and Danube, but it is very much a Sava-city with important quarters spread over both banks - while during the last days the other bank of Danube looked like a huge jungle to me. This impression was not totally wrong. Most of the day I rode along the deserted embankment through beautiful nature. At first it was mostly swamps including the respective fauna - many frogs crossed my way. Then the only exception from todays greenness: a small city including a big refinery and other industries - but soon I was on the embankment again and this time I found myself in some kind of shire - even the few people I met were very small. Finally I ended up in the town Kovin. Across the Danube the landscape gets hilly again - tomorrow I will enter the huge imposing gorges of the Iron Gate.






1 comment:

  1. Traumhafte Bilder - ich glaub, da will ich auch mal hin!
    Dir weiterhin eine gute Reise!

    ReplyDelete