Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 058 Kepekli - Bandirma

Yep, today the wind was all but fun again, but the relatively short distance and the outlook of several rest days kept me going. Sooooo this day the biggest drawback on motivation was not the wind but a melon loss. I had bought a wonderful juicy and tasty looking melon directly from the farmer and after fighting up a hill against the wind I had found a perfect picnic spot - in the shadow, sheltered from the wind, wonderful seaview... Alone: the melon was gone, somehow fallen out of the back panniers - sounds pretty irrelevant from a distance, but at this time it gave me reason for some serious swearing. Swearing I reached Bandirma.
I found a hotel which would take care of Arthur for some days while I am going to Istanbul. Everything was just fine, the price was ok, the room was very nice, I was happy - until I had a look out of the window: the loudspeaker of a minaret directly aiming at my hotel room, uuuuuuuh, that gonna be a unquiet night...







No comments:

Post a Comment