Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 278 Kadapa - Tadipatri

The inevitable happened: my first puncture in the middle of nowhere and me without a pump. Up to this point it had been going well today: again many people talking to me, I felt strong again, after lunch even the headwind had vanished. Then the puncture: after I was done with cursing whoever stole my pump I quickly checked the map and started walking towards the next village. I was mentally prepared for about an hour walk. But after just 5 minutes a truck with an empty trailer stopped beside me, one of the two truckers helped me loading on Arthur and off we went. They unloaded us in Tadipatri which was my planned destination anyway. These guys were amazing: just came out of nowhere, helped me and drove off immediately after unloading us.
In Tadipatri I could easily find a lodge and a bike repair shop, so by now everything is good again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marek! During great adventure you meet great people! I am happy to ear that everything is ok now! I met Jin Hee and Erick yesterday and we are waiting for you! Normally,I should have a second pump, I will check and if I still have it, I will offer you against a cool beer! OK? Please, come quick, we miss you!
    Yannik

    ReplyDelete