Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 292 Barsi - Beed

Today again: just a very long ride. For a change I even had some small mountain to climb. Nevertheless I made it further than planned. Maharashtra is clearly Hindi-country already. Though Marathi is a different language, it uses the same script as Hindi. And around here that is the only script used. In southern India many signs were in English, but not up here. Makes finding a hotel a bit difficult. I should start to learn some basic Hindi - gonna begin with the numbers: even these are different up here!
When seeing the town name Beed I hoped I had found mystical origin of the Beedi (small Indian cigarettes) - but, no: the similar names are just coincidence - I am very very disappointed now and I will leave this town first thing in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment