Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 301 Ajanta - Jalgaon

I met another cycle traveller! The first one I meet on the road after more than 2 months in India! When I was having breakfast I saw an Asian looking guy on a ridiculously overloaded bicycle cycling down the road - I ran to the entrance of the breakfast place and shouted but it was too late - he was already gone. After breakfast I gave it another try and cycled down to were most hotels are near Ajanta - there I saw him, a few hundred meters from me and after a short sprint I could catch up with him: Keung from Hongkong. We were really happy to meet as for both of us we were the first foreign cyclists to meet on the road after a long time in India. He had an amazing tower of stuff on his back carrier, now I feel like I am travelling very lightly. He was just going to see the caves in Ajanta and then wanted to cycle to Mumbai to organize some spare parts - unfortunately that is pretty much the opposite direction of where I am going. This is one of the tragedies of bicycle travelling: you are much more likely to meet someone going the opposite way than someone you could join for some time.
After saying goodbye I cycled to Jalgaon - short way, but with a bad headwind. Nevertheless I arrived shortly after noon. My GPS got a bit confused today - I cycled maybe 50km, but it recorded more than 5000km! On one hand this is finally my revenge for all the times when it did not record anything, on the other hand this was maybe a bit of an overcompansation.
In Jalgaon I surprisingly found a western style shopping mall with a supermarket in the city center. They even had muesli and stuff!
After satisfying my wildest shopping  desired I went to a cyber cafe to answer some more job application mails and to book a flight ticket. Yep, now it is fixed, I will leave India on May 30th! I really don't know how I should feel about this: of course going home is great, but this journey is also great and it is sad that it has to end.

1 comment:

  1. very happy to meet you, marek. if you go north , let see if we can meet somewhere again. haha. take care.

    ReplyDelete