Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 284 Hampi - Ilkal

This morning it was yet again time to say goodbye to Mr. Yannik - but this time it's for real: chances are very low that our paths will cross again during this journey. Very appropriately during our last 4km of cycling together we got stopped by a reporter of the local newspaper, had to answer questions and pose for photos.
In Kamalapuram we had a last drink together before we got on the road in our respective directions. I went northwest towards Bijapur.
I noticed that a good wind makes a huge difference: again I made more than 100km but it was by far not as exhausting as my ride into Hampi. There was a lot of road construction going on which was a bit of an annoyance. Also in India most major roads will be 4laned at some point. Long before sunset I arrived in the unassuming town of Ilkal which is clearly not used to foreign visitors - I was immediately surrounded by a huge crowd. Somehow I managed to bring my stuff to my room and my bike to a safe storage place in the hotel finally I could relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment