Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 101 Sarkisla - Sivas

Rain, Rain, Rain! Yep, today I had the first proper rain since leaving Slovakia (if I remember correctly). It was already very cloudy when I left Sarkisla, soon after it started to drizzle and suddenly I got surprised by intense rain - I only had time to get out my rain jacket. My trousers were already wet, so I skipped getting out rain trousers. It turned out that the Fjäll Räven G1000 trousers were a good choice for this trip - they are still comfortable when wet and they dry extremely fast once the rain stops. One good thing about cycling in the rain: it gives you high motivation to ride as fast as possible because you just want to reach a safe and dry place. So I rode fast through a landscape barely visible to me - I just remember the same field covered hills as yesterday for the first half and a pretty deep canyon of red rock with a lot of road construction going on shortly before arriving in Sivas.
I have two different options for my onward way: either going directly to the black sea which would involve a climb to 2200m or a short detour which would avoid this really high mountains. Up to now I am pretty indecisive - if I am still so tomorrow morning I will just toss a coin.


1 comment:

  1. First Option! Reach Higher! Over The Top! Up Up Up! (and so on...)

    ReplyDelete