Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 108 Akkus - Medreseönü

The Black Sea, I found it ! In the morning the fog was gone. It was not exactly sunny but the clouds had decided to hover a bit higher. I had a wonderful ride with sublime views over the luscious hills. The black sea region gets most of Turkeys rainfall - the clouds come in from the sea and get stuck on the mountains before they can reach the Central Anatolian Plain. I did not think of it for a long time, but now I realized that this lush landscape was the reason why I wanted to see this part of Turkey.
When I was already much lower I had to dive through one of this clouds again - this time from to bottom. The black sea looked more like the light grey sea - not bad either. Unfortunately it is not really swimming weather anymore - but I guess as a matter of principle I will have to give it at least one try.







No comments:

Post a Comment