Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 117 Batumi - Khulo

Oh beautiful Georgia! Despite the rain I went up into the mountains.
Todays topic: water - cycling in the rain along a huge wild river crossed by ancient bridges and every now and then a beautiful waterfall.
My plan was to go up high enough to be above the rainclouds. It only worked out partly: when I got higher the rain stopped but there was still another layer of clouds above me. In the end of the day I was somewhere within this clouds. I wanted to stay in a hotel (too humid for tent), but it turned out that the only hotel was farer than I had planned for. Thus the sun started to set when I still had 10km (and an 300m ascend) to go and I arrived in Khulo (que great name) in the dark (+ in the cloud).
Nonetheless it was a great day - really really stunning landscape!
Tomorrow morning a 2000m pass waits for me. I was warned in Batumi that there might be snow already. Somewhere on the way hand&feet communication and my few russian words helped me finding out that there IS snow. Let's see if I can make it - the pass is only 20km from here so I will just give it a try.








No comments:

Post a Comment