Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 113 Trabzon - Sümela - Trabzon

After such successes (Visa organized, bike repaired) I decided to stay lazy one more day. In the morning I took a bus up to Sumela Monastery - a place renowned for its dramatic setting in a steep cliff up in the mountains south of Trabzon Beautiful place. Both the location and the place itself. It has some of the finest frescoes I have seen in Turkey so far. I arrived there around 11.30 - perfect time as the frescoes were perfectly illuminated by the late morning sun.
The rest of the day I was just really lazy.

But now: it is LOTTERY TIME again !

You see the picture of the cyan/blue carpet like thingy ? It is all you ever dreamt of! Get it and eternal serenity will be yours! Now that you know such divine thing exists you just cannot live without it anymore! You know that you need it - the magnificant, the exquisite, the admirable Turkish Woven Mousepad!!!

So, how can it be yours? Since I reached the Black Sea I was wondering why it is called like that - did not look very black to me. Just write the best explanation (creativity beats authenticity)  for the name «Black Sea» in the comments (here or on facebook) and you could become the lucky Turkish Woven Mousepad Owner !!!






















1 comment:

  1. Hi Marek,
    nice to read your adventures and good to know that you are enjoying your trip.
    I think Black sea got the name from many many many many black sea swans that are living there for centuries, I hope you had the chance to take a picture of them as they appear very often in the dreams of turkish people = which means they will have many children - an old saying.
    Loads of greetings from Prague
    warm regards
    Hana

    ReplyDelete