Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 103 Yildizeli - Tokat

Last night my stomach announced  some upcoming problems so I fought back immediately by drinking a big bottle of cola (this stuff is usually so toxic that it kills everything that could cause stomach problems). It worked perfectly but on the downside it left me - not used to too much caffein - sleepless most of the night. But even once I got up I still waited until the rain stopped for a while.
I eventually started cycling around 2 PM.
On the first mountain I did todays first and only good deed: a turtle was sitting in the middle of the street. I saved it by lifting it to the nearby grass. I only hope that I picked the side of the street where it wanted to go, not that she tries again.
Shortly after the highest mountain pass I met another cyclist: Andreas from Germany on a short holiday ride from Ankara to Adana. After talking a while we continued on our respective ways when the sun came out - for the last time. When I was rolling down from the pass I saw dark clouds hovering behind me. I drove as fast as I could in hope to outdistance them. But no, on the last small ascend the rain got me. This was very unfortunate as it made me dash through the most beautiful part of todays ride: the long descend to Tokat. For the first time in more than 2 weeks I am below 1000m. And paradoxically for the first time since than I feel like I am really in the mountains. The descend went through a deep gorge, with beautiful coloured trees on both sides. Yep: autumn arrived here too - our should I say I arrived in the autumn ? Tokat is beautiful - located at the bottom if the gorge, surrounded by mountains on all sides and with an old castle towing high above town.






No comments:

Post a Comment