Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 115 Rize - Hopa

On a whim I checked the Visa regulations for Georgia yesterday - and I was surprised to find that Germans do not need a Visa for a stay of up to 360 days, wow. I checked my map and it showed that a detour through Georgia is possible.
This idea was unanimously approved on facebook.
Sooooo, tomorrow will see me entering another country with a very specific culture, language, religion and script. I can claim to not know a single word of Georgian - this will be fun.
I will be in the country for maybe 4 to 5 days. I suppose I won't have a chance for blog updates while being there. I will go to Batumi and get up into the mountains from there. After some days I will reenter Turkey at Posof. I have heard mixed reviews about the Georgian road condition - I am curious.
Today I enjoyed perfect Turkish roads again - this time even in sunshine illuminating the tea terraces. Since yesterday I ride through Turkeys tea region. I guess this is the first time that I consciously see tea plantations. To add to this excitement I also saw my first real Kiwi tree today.
My blogspot app seems to have some problems uploading pictures - do not know when this will be fixed, for now no pictures, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment