Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cross country day 019 Kroměříž - Skalica

This days name is not at all connected to offroad cycling or other hardships but to the simple fact that I crossed my first country! Yeay, let's celebrate :o) !!!
After having breakfast with my wonderful host Petra I picked a not-so-rainy time to start my trip from Kroměříž. Except for the rain getting worse around noon it was a beautiful ride devoid of navigational problems as I just had to follow a good cycling path along river Morava (and I will continue doing so for the next 2 days until Bratislava). At late afternoon I finally crossed the border to Slovakia, so I have cycled through all of Czech Republic. It is time for some statistics:

Czech Republic:
Days spent in country: 16,5
Cycling days: 11,5
Rest days: 5
Distance cycled: ca. 835 km
Average km/day: ca. 50,50 km
Money spent: ca. 440€
Average €/day: ca. 26,66€
Accomodation:
- Couchsurfing: 4 nights
- Camping: 6 nights
- Wild camping: 1 night
- Pension/Hotel: 5 nights
Things lost: 1 number padlock at the Ostrava festival
Biggest challenge: Levelling out being able to cycle long distances and the high availability of both great quality Pivo and people eager to join you in the consumption of the same.
Best Icecream: Pegas Pistácie, followed by all the real-fruit-in-chocolate varieties. But Cortina toffee is also not bad at all :o)





No comments:

Post a Comment